Wednesday 22 September 2010

Summer. Done

We spent the afternoon today clearing out our garden, getting rid of all the bedding plants and just putting everything away. It looks so bare now after the lovely bright summer we had with it. Also this year we managed to get a fairly decent yeild from our crops. Chilli's were by the far the most successful, so much so, we're having to give them away, there is too much hot stuff there for one family that's for sure.

Here's the last pick of the season, not too bad

 Bald bed. This was full of cheap and cheerful annuals, but looked so pretty when in full bloom


It was a school day in our house today, which meant that it was much quieter than usual. We spent the morning doing a bit of research into the new car and came the conclusion we already had before we started, isn't it so annoying when that happens?!

I also finally got around to taking some decent pictures of the current projects. The light in the lounge this afternoon was lovely, so seems a shame to waste it. Downside being that I couldn't find the lead for the camera all afternoon which turned my excitment at sharing the pictures into annoyance. Who put it on the kitchen windowsill, for Christ sake?!

But here you are, the finished cushion cover. All I need is the cushion

 The results of my evening spent cutting up fabric, it's going to get pieced tonight hopefully, I can't wait!


Right, I'm off to burn off the curry from last night. I hate the gym, but I'm forcing myself, I'll feel better once it's over, that's for sure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...