Sunday 19 September 2010

Lazy Sundays

Well, the glorious weather was as expected, shortlived. So, we chucked on easy clothes and just had an indoor day. For me it was wonderful, I spent a good few hours sat in the kitchen finishing off Maddie's patchwork cushion (my first attempt as patchwork and quilting, oh and inserting a zip!) and then took to the much more boring task of finishing off the alterations I was making to Rich's hat. Both turned out well, the hat was a bit of a bugger, much too fiddley for my liking and no where near pretty enough to be spending all that time on. I'll picture the cushion tomorrow when the light is better and stick it on here, I am rather proud of it.

And sparked by my creative afternoon I am getting stuck into Fraser's floor quilt. I was waiting for my rotary cutter before I attempted cutting all the hexagon's in the original pattern, but I'm itching to get on with it, I desperately want to see all those lovely fabrics stitched up, so I'm going for squares, and will cut them with plain old fashioned scissors, eeks!

It's been a lovely day recharging our batteries. I wish there could be more days like this where we can do the things we want to do, and not have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...