Friday 10 September 2010

Learning curve

One thing that has come out of today that a) taking more pictures and b) taking more close up pictures, brings the realisation that all three (yes, 3!) of the camera's we have in the house are not up to the job. I drool over the pictures others take where they capture the colour of the moment perfectly, there isn't an ounce of blur (unless intentional) plus they actually get the picture rather than the hideous grimace the three year old pulls a nano second after flashing a beautiful smile.

I have been harping on, to everyone, about my want, and now apparent need, for a better camera, only problem is unless I win the lottery anytime soon, there are no such funds to buy me one. So, I'll continue harping on and hopefully one day I'll be able to take beautiful pictures and until that day I'll just lust after others and show you the few that I manage to take that are passable.

Aside from the camera melodrama, today is quite momentous. After quite possibly weeks of just *reading* about quilting, I've actually completed my first attempt at it. Ok, it's just a cushion cover, albeit a large one at 50cm square, but I started small. I'm really quite pleased with the results. The seams don't all match up, and there was quite a bit of unpicking to do along the way, but once I'd quilted it, the imperfections aren't nearly as obvious as I feared and I really do like it. Now to actually bind and back the thing, oh and find a cushion big enough to fill it and it'll be all done and ready for it's rightful place on Maddie's bed.

Here it is (apologies for poor light)


And a close up, which is blurry, do you see my plight? 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...