Sunday 26 September 2010

Hooky hooky

So, on top of the million and one other things I have on the go, I've taken up crocheting. I've always been able to knit, but I've never once crocheted, didn't have a clue where to start. I'd kinda been toying with the idea, bought this book which remained unread for a while. Then I stumbled across this blog, Lucy, with her wonderfully colourful hooking and that she managed to create such beautiful things with a baby sat on her lap at the same time. So, with that in mind, I cracked open the book detemined to have myself a craft I could do without having to shut myself off from the world and children (well, sometimes I least!). I was on I think my fourth attempt of just doing a single crochet chain thing (I really don't have a clue about it, not one iota) that I decided that doing it from a book was not going to work. Fast foward to ten minutes of tuition from my mum and I was hooking myself away into granny square oblivion. I might not be able to do anything else yet, but I have a granny square, so I'm happy.

This weekend is mine and Rich's last weekend together for a little while so whilst we spent it visiting a few family members and have a weekend back home, we also courtesy of my mum got to spend a night away and boy, was it nice. Waking up when we were ready to, nigh on impossible at the moment, was just terrific and much needed.

A quick overview of the weekend was Debbie's. Lunch out. Friends. Chinese. Shopping. Lunch out, again. Night alone. Lie in - ahhh. Shopping. Ikea. Roast Beef. Crocheting. Drive home. Relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...