Wednesday 29 September 2010

And then there were three...

I'm riding solo again for a little while whilst Rich is in Belize stencilling things. We've been dealt a pretty shoddy set of cards this year with the amount he's been away and I'll be glad to see the back of it in a few months time. But enough of being melancholy....

The weather has turned grim. So with that, I dusted off the slow cooker and whipped up a stew yesterday and I have soup cooking away in it today. Yummy.

Doesn't it make you feel all warm just looking at it?

Also, with Rich going away I didn't want to hole myself away in front of the sewing machine, so made the most of being sofa bound for a few evenings by cracking on with the crochet. Thanks to my wonderful mum who gave me a quick lesson in granny squaring (is that a word? I think not) and away I went. I'm thrilled with how well they're turning out, and more so, to make something out of the lovely Debbie Bliss wool I've had kicking around from the disasterous attempt at making knitted building blocks. I won't have enough to make a large throw, so I think I'll do a cushion for M's bed and see what's left. I'm going to make blankets for the tent, to pretty up those ugly beds and sleeping bags. It's twee, I know, but I love it. 


Hooky Happy
 
 
I also couldn't resist the Halloween outfits when I went grocery shopping today, so Maddie and Fraser are kitted out for trick or treating now, she will be a cat, and he will be a vampire. I love love love them and can't wait to see them all dressed up, I will post some pics when they're in them. I have ordered a few decs too for the porchway, all that's left is the sweets (daren't buy them too far in advance, they'll get eaten) and the pumpkin carving -squeal!!!
 
Right, whilst the baby sleeps I'm going to stick on something trashy and crochet away to myself for a while. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...