Sunday 2 January 2011

Itching to get started

I'm brim full of exciting ideas at the moment. I have currently 3 projects on the go (if you don't also count the crochet cushion for M and the cardigan I'm meant to be knitting) I've joined Little Miss Shabby's 'Birdie Stitches' and have fabric (Just Wing It by MoMo) and thread currently on its way to me. I've also finally decided on the quilt I'm going to make from Elizabeth Hartman's (of Oh Fransson!) Practical Guide to Patchwork and have also ordered the fabric for that (It's A Hoot by MoMo). I could squeal with excitement!!

Closer to my heart is my third project which is a quilt for my cousin who is suffering from Multiple Sclerosis and about to go into a care home. I have fond memories of her creating things and being a keen sewer and I know that if she was able to now she'd be sharing my enthusiasm for quilting and will very much appreciate a handmade quilt for the sentiment, not to mention the warmth. I was giddy today at the choice of Amy Butler fabrics that were half price at John Lewis - I could have bought a bit of all of them, but I got some Amy Butler Daisy Bouquet in Mist as the backing of her quilt as it's so pretty and restful which I think I'm going to put with a Bliss by Bonnie and Camille Jelly Roll, or maybe not...

So, lots a-happening here, or lots of spending happening but I'm going to be a busy bee for the next few weeks and I can't wait. Hopefully I won't have time to eat which'll help greatly with my new years resolution.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...