Monday 8 November 2010

So, Germany

The latest going's on in our house (in between the tears, and the snot and the copious amounts of tea I've drunk to get me through that alone) is word of our new posting. Bielefeld, Germany.

Now, we asked for this, and waiting oh-not-so-patiently to be told we'd got it, and then we pestered a little bit more to get them to Just Tell Us where we were going. So, why now that we have been given exactly what we asked for am I have a leeeetle bit of a panic about it. Golly - the stuff that needs to be sorted to more 2 big people and 2 little people to another country, a country that I don't know all that much about, I mean, I can count to three in German, and say Yes and No, more than some, but it's not going to get me very far.  I just can't help thinking that a UK posting might have been a wiser choice...

But I don't have time to sit and moan about this, or to even work out how I feel about it as everything needs to be sorted by Febuary, and we have Christmas getting royally in the way of all that, so best get on with it. Hopefully in the next few weeks everything will be sorted and I can just enjoy out time left in good old Blighty and concentrate on not having a panic attack about living in a country where all the shops are shut on a Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. Wow a family adventure! Look forward to hearing about it through your blog. Sundays will be bliss I bet!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...