Saturday 2 October 2010

Blogging: An Education

So, I am now a member of British Mummy Bloggers. Why didn't I find that place a couple of months ago at the beginning of my blogging journey? I would have found my feet so much quicker. I'm so far just trawling through the discussions trying to soak up as many tips as possible. I still very much trying to get to grips with all this, on the face on it, it seems I'm doing ok, but then I'll read something about blog hopping for example and think "whaaaaaaaaat?"!!

This blog, for me, serves as a memory. I'm not keen on just burting out the ins and outs of my day, but I try to find something of interest that I could write about. In the most part, my life can be pretty mundane, and certainly not photo worthy. But right now, it's a place to put the great moments of the day for the people that can't be here to share it with me, so do I include everything, what if there are too many great moments, do I still stick to the 'story'? Ack!

I know I've got a long way to go, I'm new to the community (and what a lovely community it is) so I'm just learning at the front of the class hoping that I'll get it eventually and people will like it.

We shall see.

5 comments:

  1. I've really enjoyed reading your posts and getting a snippet into your life and likes. I have been blogging for just over a year now and have learnt so much I didn't realise I didn't even know. Very interesting, and blogging is a real committment too which I guess I underestimated.

    Your world and life seems so very different to mine but maybe it isn't as different as I perceive . . . . I too suffer from hectic life always doing far too much and can't decide whether I like that way or not really! :)

    Good luck with your blogging and crafty creations too :)

    Amelia.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying your blog posts too - I think you've grasped the concept of blogging much more than have, who tends to waffle on about whatever rubbish my little brain spits out.
    One of these days, I will actually trawl the BMB discussion boards and get some hints and tips. I am in the process of redesigning and merging my 2 blogs - hopefully from that point on, it will be awesome. Fingers crossed.

    Loving your quilts by the way - absolutely fabulous. I'd love to learn how to do that kinda thing.

    Good luck with everything :)

    Hannah x

    http://www.metalmummy.co.uk
    http://morticalzombie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!
    Is there a seat next to you at the front of the class? I am a newbie too. Found you via BMB. Really like what you said about memories, that's what my blog is about too, although I wonder if my kids will ever enjoy reading it? My mum kept a diary of my fourth year and I found it really strange to read.
    Penny x
    http://thealexanderresidence.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found this blog the blog hop at Mummy's Little Monkey. Glad I did - it's lovely.

    I'm new to BMB too, and completely agree with your post. Very supportive fellow bloggers and useful tips too. Hope you decide to stick with it, I'll certainly be following.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi me again!! Turns out you had found my blog first - just saw your very funny comment. Hmmm two words that should really not be confused.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you...